Last week was excellent, The OTN Nordic Tour (still need to blog), rushing back for UKOUG Partner Awards where Certus won gold for Training & Fusion, a weekend with friends at the Dive Show and finally a quick visit to see my sister, her family and my daughter.
Monday I was travelling from Gloucester to Guildford and the trains were manic, first trains off peak on the Monday of half term, what was I thinking? When the train arrived at Guildford I grabbed my two suitcases (I had been away 9 days and shopped a lot at the dive show), and got off the train.
I HAD LEFT MY RUCKSACK ON THE TRAIN
- I tried to get the person on the platform to stop the train but they can't, Health & Safety.
- I went to customer assistance and they gave me a leaflet, and simply watched me cry
- I rang the number on the leaflet to be told it was no longer in use
- Tried new number listened to various recorded messages and options and finally got through to lost luggage at First Great Western to be told the train was going to Gatwick so it was Southern Railways
- Tried to tweet Southern whilst persuading customer assistance to help me
- Got another telephone number from a slightly more helpful person
- Listened to many many more recorded messages and finally managed to speak to Southern Trains and recorded it as lost there
- Southern also responded to tweet and said should log with First Great Western as it depends on who finds it, guard on train, First Great Western, Cleaner at Gatwick, Southern.
- Log it as lost with First Great Western.
- Googled Gatwick airport station number on my phone, rang but they don't have a lost luggage department
- Southern train tweets also suggested another service that tries to link up different systems, registered on that.
- My laptop (last backup 7 weeks ago)
- My iPad min
- My Kindle
- Various adapters / leads etc
- A few danish krone (from Nordic trip)
- A box of business cards
- House & car keys
- Large plastic wallet containing receipts to be expensed for all October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Holiday brochure for dive trips